Setting intentions has been at the forefront of my mind, thanks to Betty, my podcast co-host/personal law of attraction and manifestation guru! Also, I have learned that setting intentions allows us to know our values and leads to less procrastination and more overall self compassion. Yesterday was my 31st birthday, and I have decided it will be the best year of my life, because like my toddler niece says, “Because I said so.” To celebrate this fresh, clean, shiny new year year of my life- I have written out 31 goals both big and small, I intend to accomplish in my 31st year on this planet.
31 Goals for my 31st Year
- Moisturize my face
- Connect more and meet a ton of new people
- Grow the Dream Chasers and Change Makers Community- help me with this one and Like Our Facebook Page!
- Eat more vegetables
- Graduate NYU!
- Pass my social exam to get licensed
- Laugh a lot
- Read books by diverse authors
- Write hard personal stories
- Move my body in ways I look forward to
- Get a clinical social work job with great supervision
- Put my clothes away!
- Stand more and strengthen my sit muscles
- Practice lots of self-compassion and be really good friends with myself
- Find a mindfulness/mediation routine that works for me
- Invite friends and family to my home often
- Travel to at least 3 new places I have never been, domestic or otherwise
- Have my picture taken regularly
- Talk kindly to my body and my brain
- Tell my all my people how much I love them
- Stay in better touch with the Brazilian side of family[Listen to Episode 6 of the Podcast to hear more about that!]
- Find and engage in public speaking opportunities
- Make my bed when I get out of it
- Get a lot of plants and take good care of them
- Remember to be grateful and write gratitude lists when I forget
- Buy tickets and go to a bunch of events
- Take my piano skills to the next level
- Start using a planner!
- Use less single use plastic (keep better track of my reusable water bottles)
- Put my shoes away after I take them off
- Have a lot of orgasms!
Do you have any tips to help me to stay committed to my intentions? Do you have any birthday traditions that keep you focused on your dreams. Talk to me in the comments!
Alé Cardinalle | LSW Candidate NYU 2019